The aerator under your bathroom or kitchen sink is usually clogged by the buildup of lime and causing an issue with your plumbing Okc. The small openings inside the aerator, on the other hand, are commonly blocked by sediment. This is why occasional aerator cleaning is a must-do for every homeowner. The result from these two problems may be water leaks coming from the handle or low water pressure to come out from the faucet.
You will not need hire an Okc Plumber in order to manage such a small cleaning job. All you need to do is follow the next few instructions listed in this post:
- Manually unscrew the aerator from the faucet, carefully moving your hand counterclockwise. If you do not succeed from the first try, then try to unscrew it by wrapping the jaws of your pliers with masking tape and loosing the aerator with the help of pliers. Then again continue unscrewing it manually.
- The spray head and aerator should be taken apart. Then you can use a tiny vinegar dipped hard brush to remove the sediment from the small holes.
- Once the aerator seems well cleaned to you, you can reassemble it and take the time to screw it back properly to the faucet.
Okc Plumber Tips
- Now you can do the same thing on every faucet in the house. Just repeat the same procedure with each one.
- You might want to do them all at once so you can soak them all in santeen or vinegar over night. This way you can soak them all together and use less santeen.
- for you shower head do the same thing to remove it and soak for at least 30 minutes or overnight is the best.
- The santeen works great on shows and tubs as well and if you see some small amounts of corrosion starting to build up on you faucets
If you still need some extra tips from our plumber in Oklahoma city , you can always contact us at 405-722-8989 to get the information you need!